Rowan’s Birth Story

birth story

On this day one year ago Greg and I went to our doctor appointment at 7am. We woke up excited but unsure of what was to come! I was 38 weeks that day and we were going to re check my blood pressure. I had a feeling this would be the day and our doctor would send me to the hospital but I think I was in denial and didn’t want to feel the disappointment from being sent home. Also, because I have never had that exciting moment of my water randomly breaking and going into labor on my own, I wanted that! With all of my pregnancies when I begin to go into labor my blood pressure shoots up. It’s so strange! So we went to the appointment and it was high. I can’t remember the exact number but it was a lot higher than my doctor was comfortable with. So, she sent us to the hospital to be monitored! Also, if you read Mady’s birth story you will know that my mistake was NOT EATING. This time I didn’t eat before the appointment again so I made Greg go through the McDonald’s drive through so I could have anything! Haha! I didn’t want to get a lot because we all know what happens while in labor…ew.

blk and whi

We get to the hospital and are hooked up in triage and we ended up getting the same nurse we had the week before when I was being monitored! She was AWESOME. The on call doctor came into the room after waiting about an hour and she talked to us and said if it was okay with us we are going to have a baby today!!! I was in shock. My eyes teared up from excitement and nervousness and every other emotion I have in my body. I felt like an emotional mess! Meanwhile, Greg was just over the moon with excitement! Haha. We got moved to our room that I would be laboring in and got things started!

Greg called everyone to let them know what was going on and take care of who was going to keep Mady and Jaxson. So then we waited. I knew this time would be fast because Jaxson came so quickly. I was started on pitocin not long after getting settled in the room. Then the contractions really started. I think I was about 3-4 centimeters and the contractions were getting INTENSE. So I hit my button and asked for the epidural. They came in to give me the epidural and I remember getting really bad contractions the whole time they were giving me the epidural. I was so nervous! The epidural is the scariest part for me. I couldn’t stop shaking from nerves. Just a few minutes later it was over and I was good to go! It’s all kind of blurry from there. I remember our family coming to see us and Mady and Jaxson came to visit.

PicMonkey Collage3

Then I was checked by my nurse and I was only 6 cm dilated and she talked to us for a few minutes and walked out of the room. My great grandmother walked into the room to visit me (we call her Nanny) and I remember her standing next to my bed saying something. Greg was sitting at the contraction monitor (probably messing with things) and all of a sudden I felt that push feeling! It was like Rowan just instantly dropped and was READY. My eyes got huge and I looked at Greg and said IT’S TIME! Nanny was standing there and had no clue what was happening and she began to panic a little. Haha, she’s not very good in these situations. I called the nurse back to our room and she was hesitant to check me again because she literally just checked me.  I made it very clear that it was definitely time and she quickly checked me. Surely enough I was 10 and ready. She couldn’t believe how fast I progressed! Nanny went out to the waiting room and told everyone that it was time and all the nurse’s rushed in the room to set everything up and it was go time!!!

The doctor came in. Geared up. I was up in the stirrup’s and the bottom half of the table had already been removed so I’m seconds away from my first push and another nurse comes in the room and tells the doctor that she is needed in the other room because another mom is pushing too! Then all of a sudden everyone that was about to deliver my baby ditches us and goes to the other mom!! It literally went from 8 people to just Greg and I and my nurse. It. Was. Crazy. Apparently, the other woman was going all natural and couldn’t NOT push. So that was why they rushed to her. So I laid there. I waited…and waited…still in push position I might add. I was laboring down and I could feel my body pushing this baby out of me! I kept saying to my nurse and Greg that the baby is going to fall out! I ended up waiting an hour before the doctor got back to me and it was the longest hour of my life!! I am positive that our baby was hanging out of me. Seriously. Every time my nurse would look I could just see it in her eyes that Rowan was right there. Now that I think of it I wish Greg would have looked so I knew! So everyone re-geared up and with a half of push later we had a baby!! Rowan Sky was born at 7:17pm on July 20th 2015. She weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 19 1/4 inches long and was absolutely perfect. They put her straight onto my chest and we laid there and had kangaroo time. Then she started nursing all on her own. It was perfect. She was perfect.

PicMonkey Collage

Now here we are one whole year later and we couldn’t imagine our lives without this precious girl. She is smart, feisty, loving and such a daddy’s girl. She loves playing with Mady & Jaxson and makes sure that her presence is known at all times. I’m not sure how I got so lucky with our babies but I love being their mama.

 PicMonkey Collage 4




PicMonkey Collage2Happy First Birthday Baby Girl!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like


  • Reply Cameron Timchula August 14, 2016 at 4:54 pm

    I can totally relate to that rush of endorphins it s an a amazing feeling isn t it? Explains why I couldn t sleep for ages afterwards. A lovely birth story and I m so pleased it went so well. Congratulations again another beautiful girl! x

    • Reply Fantastically Florence August 14, 2016 at 10:04 pm

      Thank you so much Cameron. It is amazing!

    Leave a Reply

    %d bloggers like this: